7 Long Distance Moving Tips to Prepare for Your Move
If you’re planning to move for long distances, it’s quite better to get started to plan each task prior.
You should start planning at least 6-8 weeks before you make your plans come to life.
The Earlier, you start, the less stressful you become and the easier it would be for you when the date of your move approaches.
Whether your move to a new place or a new home or a stay wherever it can be, preparation for moving is the most important thing to do but staying organized can make it easier.
So start early, stay organized!
And, look at the below 7 tips you have to follow before you start moving.
Here are 7 tips for you!!
- Make a list of things that you require the most in the place where you want to move.
- Figure out the things that perfectly fit in your new place to which you’re going to move.
- Prioritize the items that are mandatory for you.
- Do not forget to take some time to downsize majorly
- Organize all the belongings that you pack.
- Be thrifty and collect free packing boxes and Pack the things neatly and, tightly in them
- Make sure you label every box with your name written on it. If possible, you can add your address too so that you will have the chance of finding them even if you missed them somewhere.
Now, You might be thinking about the things which can precisely be taken into consideration.
Do not get overwhelmed! Just go through this, You will come to know
● What shall to take, and what shall not
● Which items and works are to be prioritized.
● How to save money and time.
It seems like moving long-distance is a tedious process but if you have a good strategy, it is nothing for you. You will make it out so perfectly. Let’s see what items are to be packed first.
Items that are to be packed at first:
Before packing clean everything. For every tedious process, making everything tidy is a need.
● When you start to move, extra linens and towels are the most necessary things that are to be packed first just to make your laundry bucket empty and make ready for the move out day. It’s not good to have large piles of dirty towels around or to shift right!
● Collect all the artwork pieces and pack them since these are to be handled carefully.
● Pack the outfits and footwear and such kind of stuff.
● Make sure that you have extra bedding.
● Do remember that you pack your jewelry.
● Food is a need to survive, so pack all the kitchen items.
● Toys and items belonging to gaming are to be packed finally.
And, do not forget to pack anything that you will not use until the moving day just for ensuring that you complete the task of packing on schedule. These are required things to pack at first, thought smart work always counts and helps in reducing the time and money. Let’s see how you can pack so smartly.
Here you go,
● Be thrifty and find free packing boxes.
● Make holes in boxes for easy lifting and carrying.
● Purge all the stuff to the maximum level.
● Have pictures of electrics before you start unplugging them.
● Do not mix things from different rooms.
● Use wine cases for glassware.
● Keep all the hanging clothes in garbage bags.
● Have a first aid kit.
● Pack plates carefully.
● Pack with a guide if possible.
And listen, not everything is to be carried when you want to move. There are certain things that you should not take with you away especially if you’re moving on a truck.
They are Chemicals like Ammonia, bleach, any kind of Fireworks, Batteries specifically lead-acid batteries, fuels like kerosene, Gasoline, Motor oil, lighter fluids, Matches, etc. Please keep in mind that you should not pack any kind of hazardous materials or explosives.
And, if you’re a professional mover do not pack perishable food, valuables, plants, pet animals.
Packing these kinds of stuff may create disturbances.
Finally, Have a good strategy on moving and Get moving!